Forms Required for Auditioning
All new candidates must submit a completed tryout packet to the Creighton University Athletics Office prior to the tryout date. No one will be allowed to participate in the preliminary clinic or tryout session unless Creighton University has received a completed tryout packet prior to the pre-tryout clinic. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR THIS REQUIREMENT! Returning Jays Dancers members will only be required to submit the Recruit Information Sheet, $20 processing fee and new head photo.
Packet Content Checklist:
- Completed Recruit Information sheet. (This will be emailed directly to the Moderator.)
- Completed waiver/insurance forms. Please note if you are under the age of 18, you MUST have a parent co-sign this document!
- Proof of physical clearing you for activity, completed in the past 12 months. This would be a note from your doctor. You will not be able to participate in auditions without this information!
- $20 processing fee. This fee will apply to all who are trying out, including returning CUDT members. (Make checks or money orders payable to Creighton University Dance Team). This fee is non-refundable.
- One color 3 x5 head shot. (**Will not be returned) Senior Portraits are acceptable.
- Incoming freshman or transfer students, please include a copy of your acceptance letter to Creighton University.
- Three letters of recommendation sent from current cheer/dance advisor, school official, or coach directly to CUDT Moderator. This would be three separate letters from three different people. If you are currently a college student, you may ask professors to submit these. We are not looking for their assessment of your abilities as a dancer/cheerleader, but rather your character and qualities! Please ask them to include a phone number at which they can be reached. (**Do not send in packet, have writer send letter directly to moderator. Address letter to Alynne Wize.)
Waiver and Release Form/Insurance
Our University attorney requires proof that we have informed you in writing about the extent of our medical and financial responsibilities in the event that you are injured during the tryout period. Since we cannot assume financial responsibility if you are injured during this period, we are requesting that you indicate the type of insurance coverage that is maintained for you by your parents/guardians. You will not be cleared for participation if you do not have insurance coverage or if you do not provide all the information requested. Please note if you are under the age of 18, you MUST have a parent co-sign!
These forms must be completed, signed and turned in prior to tryouts. No exceptions will be made for this!
ALL MAIL SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
Alynne Wize, Moderator
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, Nebraska 68178