This will be for candidates having to travel extremely long distances or with exceptional conflicts.
Every attempt should be made to be in person for auditions. However, traveling from long distances may prevent individuals from being able to be present for auditions.
If you are unable to attend the Spring Audition because of travel from far away, we strongly suggest submitting an audition via video. Creighton University does NOT hold auditions in the fall. If you would like to audition via video please email firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing information. You will need to be very explicit in the reasoning behind the request for a video audition!
Please submit audition material on a DVD. This will become property of the Creighton University Dance Team and will not be returned. All video submissions must be received by Friday April 5th.
It is strongly suggested this page be printed and items checked off to ensure all components are included to be judged.
The beginning of your video should include your full name, your year in school during the 2012-2013 season (i.e. freshman) and the name of the high school or college you currently attend. Please label your DVD with this same information. Additionally, please state the reason you are not able to make the in-person tryouts (ie travel distance), why you want to be part of team, what skills you have to offer (ie leadership, character, choreography). Make sure to speak loud and clear!
All four of the following styles must be submitted in order for your audition to be considered and judged. Dance routines must only feature the individual who is auditioning and be recorded after December 31, 2012. Group or team recordings will not be accepted. Please wear dancewear that shows your body placement and lines. A tight fitting solid color halter and long black dance pants is encouraged. If your hair is long, please have your hair pulled back so we can see your face! Make up is a must as well.
1. Jazz Routine consisting of at least 10 counts of 8
2. Hip Hop Routine consisting of at least 10 counts of 8
3. Pom Routine consisting of at least 10 counts of 8
Please perform the following skills:
1. Two eight counts (each) of high kicks performed facing the side and front.
2. Three toe touches- these do NOT need to be consecutive, but pause in between
3. Split leaps on both sides (at least three of each, opening to the front)
4. Switch leaps on both sides (at least three of each, opening to the front)
5. Center Leaps on both sides
6. Both left and right side splits (show motion of going in to splits)
7. Two Double pirouette- right side
8. Two Triple pirouette- right side
9. Two- eight counts of a la second turns- right side
10. Turning Stag Leap - right side
***bonus points can be awarded for quadruple pirouettes, turning disk or turning russians, center splits and tumbling exercises (back handsprings, back flips, etc) and flexibility exercise (leg hold).
Appearance, Spirit and Confidence
In addition to being judged on your skills and abilities, your appearance, spirit and confidence will be judged. You will be asked to perform a chant and sing the Creighton University fight song. Please email email@example.com for video on how to complete this requirement.
- Chant, “Let’s Go Bluejays” with arm motions and claps
- Prancing in place and signing “The White and the Blue”
Important Additional Information
Along with your video, please mail the audition application packet information found here
POINTS POSSIBLE BREAK DOWN
Jazz Routine 60
Hip Hop Routine 60
Pom Routine 60
Routine of your Choice 50
Total Bonus possible 50